Winter Raffle 2022 Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”)
- The promoter of the Winter Raffle 2022 (the “Raffle”) is The Ehlers-Danlos Support UK, registered in England and Wales (1157027) and Scotland (SC046712), whose registered address is Devonshire House, Manor Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire WD6 1QQ (the “Charity”).
- The Raffle is open to all residents of Great Britain (which comprises England, Scotland and Wales, and excludes Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man), who are aged 18 years or over.
- Employees and Trustees of the Charity are excluded from entering this Raffle.
- The Charity reserves the right to undertake age verification on any person participating in the Raffle.
- If a Ticket is unknowingly sold to, on behalf, or for a person under the age of 18, or an individual is unable to successfully complete age verification checks, they will be exempt from the Raffle, will forfeit their prize, and the stake will be returned.
- Participation in the Raffle costs £1 per raffle ticket (“Ticket”).
- Tickets will be available at www.ehlers-danlos.org from 1 December 2022 until 31st January 2023 at 5.00pm.
- In order to promote responsible gambling, it is recommended that no more than 20 chances are to be purchased per person for the Raffle.
- The draw will be held on 1st February 2023.
- Once the initial winning numbers have been randomly generated, an independent person not connected
to the charity or donors of the prizes, will randomly allocate the prize against the winner. The results of the draw are final.
- The Charity reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions upon entry. The Charity reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of
these Terms and Conditions.
- Monies raised by the Charity in the Raffle will support the work of The Ehlers-Danlos Support UK where
the need is greatest.
- The Charity reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- The prizes for the Raffle are: Holiday in Portugal (donated by Lorraine Brown), £500 cash prize (donated by Anything is Possible Ltd), Fortnum and Mason The Burlington Hamper (donated by GPIM Ltd), Green People Winter self-care kit from the Alexandra Kay Wellbeing range (donated by Green People Ltd), £100 Neo Walk gift voucher (donated by Neo Walk), Making the invisible visible package (zebra illustration donated by Jaime Dowling, Ezra the Zebra cuddly toy, pack of Ezra Christmas cards and a copy of Ezra’s extraordinary stripes book), ‘Dance like no-one is watching’ painting (created and donated by Annie Harvey).
- The prizes are subject to change and availability.
- The prizes cannot be exchanged for the equivalent monetary value.
- There are no alternatives to any prize.
- Prizes are non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Charity and donors of the prizes will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept liability for any loss or damage occurring as
a result of taking up their prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Charity, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude the Charity’s liability for fraud, personal injury
or death, which after investigation is found to have been howsoever caused by the Charity.
- Winners will be notified directly by the Charity by email, telephone or in writing once the draw has been made on 1st February 2023.
- Winners may be required to provide proof of age. If satisfactory evidence is requested but not provided within three months of the request for proof of age, then the prize will be forfeited and the Charity will
be entitled to select another winner.
- All prize winners agree that their details (forename and surname, postal address, telephone number and email address) can be shared with the prize providers so that the prizes can be distributed.
- Winners will have up to three months following notification of their win to claim their prize and the Charity will make all reasonable attempts to contact prize winners during this time. In the event that winners cannot be contacted within the three months the Charity will distribute the prizes appropriately.
- Winners of financial prizes will be notified within 7 working days of the draw and subsequently sent a form
to complete in-order for the charity to make a BACS transfer payment. Payment will be made within 28 working days of receipt of the form.
- Winners of non-financial prizes will be sent their prize in the post following successful age verification (if deemed necessary by the Charity) and confirmation of a residential postal address in Great Britain, which includes a valid postcode. Prizes will be posted to winners as soon as practicably possible and winners will
be kept apprised of the delivery expectations. The Charity accepts no responsibility for the prize being lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
- A list of all the winning ticket numbers from the Raffle draw will appear on the Charity’s website www.ehlers-danlos.org from 1st February 2023, or shortly thereafter, and will be available on request after this date by phoning The Ehlers-Danlos Support UK Head Office on 0208 736 5604 or Fundraising Department on 07947 775781.
- The winners may be asked to participate in publicity related to the Raffle which may include the publication of their name and/or photograph in any media. Winners have the right to choose not to participate in publicity.
- These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim between the parties arising out of or in connection
with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed
by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
- For more information about the Charity, our raffles and other ways to donate please visit www.ehlers-danlos.org
- Requests for additional raffle tickets (recommended up to a maximum of 20 tickets per person) or requests to be removed from future raffle mailings should be addressed to email@example.com
- If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
- If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware on 0808 8020 133 or via their website begambleware.org